Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to the questions our company gets most frequently. If you don't find an answer to your question, feel free to contact one of our offices.
- What alloys do you provide?
- Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium, Stainless
- What services do you provide?
- Our high temperature alloy services include:
- Waterjet Near Net Shapes Rounds, squares, rectangles, hexes, rings, in repeatable, uniform
- Large Capacity Plate Saw Bar and plate to .062 tolerance
- Precision Bar sawing tolerances: +.0625/‐000 but in many instances we can hold: +.030/‐000
- Strategic Inventory Management assures you get what you need even on a weekly inventory basis
- More Diameters with more selection you buy only the metal you—scrap waste costs you money
- Local deliveries in our own truck. UPS and all major carriers outside that area.
- Can you help me source the alloy that is best for my needs?
- You've come to the right place. Our experts in Customer Service have a combined 150 years of experience. They understand the manufacturing environment and what it takes to be productive. When you call, you will speak to a real industry professional. Plus, if necessary customers can speak directly to our management team—there are no closed doors
- Can you help with hard-to-find alloys?
- Yes. We have an S.O.S. Department: Specialists On Sourcing. Our experts will find what you need if it exists somewhere on the planet. We have already been called in to source alloys for over 40 companies and the requests keep coming.
- Can you help with inventory issues?
- Yes, our GAINSystem Software Inventory Control Management System, allows you to control your high temperature alloy inventory and to deliver to your customers faster so you can invoice faster! In fact, don't overbuy—don't even stock—we inventory for you
- What can I expect on pricing?
- We are always competitively priced. What's more, we help customers be competitive through our inventory process. Anyone can quote you low prices, but what good is it if you can't get the metal? Low-ball pricing is usually followed by excuses like:
"The mill hasn't shipped yet."
"We can't get a price from the mill yet."
"Lead times are out 35 weeks."
Forget all that, we have what you need.
Priced right. Cut right. Waiting in our Warehouse.
- What certifications do you provide?
- Aerodyne Alloys is fully qualified with the appropriate certifications. When you purchase Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium and Stainless from us, you are assured of repeatable quality every time.
AS 9100 AS 9100:2004
GE S-400 Materials
Pratt & Whitney LCS Approved
Rolls Royce MSRR Supplier
We provide all standard certifications at no charge. We do not purchase a pound of metal without full certifications. Every pound is certified to the most stringent quality standards in the industries we serve.
- Are copies of mill certifications available?
- What is your minimum order requirement?
- How can I check the status of a current order?
- Simply contact a Customer Service Representative who will help you quickly and efficiently. Answers are a phone call or email away.
- What freight carriers do you work with?
- We provide local area deliveries in our own truck. Outside our area, we use UPS and all major freight carriers.
- What if I need overnight or 2nd day delivery?
- You got it!
- Where are your stocking locations?
- CT, SC, TX and CA ‐ so, we effectively reach the entire country.
- Can you export orders?
- Yes, we export to over a dozen countries.
- What are the standard specifications your materials meet?
- Materials are typically certified to AMS, ASTM, ASME, GE, and Pratt & Whitney specs, as well as others.
- Can specifications be upgraded?
- In many instances they can. Contact a Sales Representative at 1-(800) 243-4344 for upgrading material specifications and mill certifications. Recertification charges or testing charges may apply, depending on your specification request.
- What are your standard cutting tolerances and processing capabilities?
- For standard cutting tolerances, Plate: +.125/‐000 Bar: +.0625/.000
- Is your stock domestic or foreign?
- Most material is of domestic origin. Please call a Sales Representative at 1-(800) 234-4344 to determine the origin of a particular item you would like to purchase. Materials stocked at Aerodyne Alloys are compliant with DFAR 252.225-7014 / 15 CFR 700 (Berry Amendment)
- What are your standard open account terms?
- Net 30 days
- What is your remit-to address?
- Lockbox# 6761 / P.O. Box 8500-6761 / Philadelphia, PA 19178-6761
- What information do you need to open an account?
- Name and address
- Contact name(s)
- Phone, email and fax numbers
- Trade references
- Bank reference with account numbers and/or bank contact
- Dun & Bradstreet number if available
- Tax Exempt Certificate if applicable
- Do you accept credit cards?
- We accept Master Card, VISA, and American Express.