410 Stainless Steel Bar - AMS 5613
Alloy 410 stainless steel bar is the basic hardenable, martensitic stainless steel, and is suitable for highly stressed parts where a combination of corrosion resistance, strength and ductility are required. Typical applications for this grade include; buckets and blades in steam turbines, valves, fasteners, pump parts, shafting and machined parts in petrochemical equipment. Alloy 410 stainless steel round bar offers good corrosion resistance to mild atmospheres, resisting corrosion in many light industrial and commercial applications. This grade offers scaling resistance up to 1200 F.
Standard Industry Specifications
- AMS 5660
- AMS 5613
- UNS S41000
- EN 1.4006
- ASTM A 493
- ASTM A 276
- ASTM A 479
Standard Inventory lengths: 10-12 feet rl'
Common Trade Names
- 410 Stainless, Alloy 410, 410
- Power Generation
- The Alloy 410 stainless bar is hardened by quenching in oil and tempering after the part has reached room temperature.
- Annealed hardness – 187 BHN
- Quenched and tempered – Rc 35-43.
- Alloy 410 stainless offers best machinability in the heat treated condition as chips tend to build up on the tool in the soft annealed condition.
Density - 0.280 lb/cubic inch
The technical data provided is for information only and not for design purposes. It is not warranted or guaranteed.