About Stainless Steel Alloys
Aerodyne Alloys is an international supplier of Stainless Steel Alloys. We have sales staff and processing staff experienced with the sales, distribution and processing of Stainless Steel alloys. The following information provides an overview to place an order for stainless steel alloys review our Stainless Steel Specifications and contact Aerodyne Alloys to order by phone.
Stainless Steel is an alloy that has become synonymous with corrosion resistant steel, it does not easily stain, corrode or rust. It is relatively inexpensive and low maintenance. The properties of the alloy and the benefits make it suitable for a wide range of products and project applications.
An extremely attractive feature of this alloy is it’s “green” features – companies with a focus on global sustainability will be interested in the recycling aspects of stainless steel and the ease of maintenance and low impact on the environment.
Stainless steel has many applications; cookware, cutlery, hardware, surgical instruments, major appliances, industrial equipment, buildings, art, jewelry, transportation, automotive and aerospace. Stainless steel is found in practically every industry as either a resource material or as part of the industrial plant operations
Top 6 Benefits of Stainless Steel Alloys
For materials selection, stainless steel may have a higher initial cost, however it is often the best value when looking at the total life of a project.
- Corrosion resistance
- Fire and heat resistance at high temperatures – with special high chromium and nickel-alloyed grades
- Hygiene - easy to clean and maintain for strict hygiene applications like hospitals and kitchens.
- Aesthetics - with the variety of finishes, the mirror-like feature and the ability to color stainless steel provides attractive and modern solutions for the aesthetic appearance of products
- Impact resistance.
- Long term value -Stainless is often the least expensive material option when evaluating total life cycle costs.
A Very Green Alloy
The Specialty Stainless Steel Industry of North America describes the cycle of stainless steel and it’s relationship to recycling ... “To ensure a high quality of life, the materials that we use as consumers and manufacturers should meet not only technical performance standards, but have a Long Service Life, be Usable in a Great Number of Applications, and be Environmentally Friendly. Once their service is complete, they should be 100% Recyclable, thereby completing the life cycle to be used once again. Stainless Steel is such a material.”
- Stainless steel is 100% recyclable. Over 50% of new stainless steel comes from melting stainless steel scrap.
- Longevity of Stainless Steel alloys – because stainless steel is naturally corrosion resistant, i.e. it does not need additional systems or finishes. The longevity is a natural feature of this alloy. Stainless is a "ferrous" material because it contains over 50% iron. It doesn't rust because it also contains at least 10.5 % chromium.
- Low Maintenance of Stainless Steel = Low impact on environment. Stainless steel is a hygienic material because the micro fissures in the surface have rounded bottoms and bacteria can be easily removed during routine cleaning. Many stainless steel products require minimal cleaning agents which means that fewer cleaning chemicals will be used on the product throughout the life of the product –and a lower impact on the environment.
Aerodyne Alloys Note: The information on this page is provided strictly and specifically for information purposes only.